Do you practice yoga? We’d love to hear your tips for beginners!
I’m not sure what took me so long to realize it, but I’m not nearly as bendy as I was a few years ago. This has me thinking about adding yoga to my daily routine.
Beyond increasing flexibility and building strength, regular yoga practice can be the foundation of a more healthy lifestyle. It can:
- improve your posture and balance
- reduce blood pressure
- help you sleep better
- relieve stress
- boost your mood
Other great things about yoga?
- you don’t need any fancy equipment to get started
- all body types and ages are welcome – big, small, different abilities – it’s always possible to modify a pose
- there are a zillion videos available online FREE
Here are some resources to get us started slowly. Most of these take fewer than 20 minutes – just enough to see if yoga is something you want to pursue.
- Chair Yoga Video
- Standing Yoga for Beginners
- The Basics (she brought her dog!)
- Yoga for Older People
Before you know it, we’ll be doing some insane yoga poses. (Well, maybe not, but we will be more flexible, healthier, and happier.)
People have been doing yoga for thousands of years, but you should consult your healthcare professionals before beginning any new-to-you exercise programs.