How will you spend this summer?
At Brush Dance, early summer is our busiest time of year. We are shipping orders out to our largest customers, coordinating time away (because even though we’re crazy-busy at work, everyone deserves a break), and working quickly to finish up our 2019 (!!) calendar designs. It’s busy!
In my personal life, I have already traveled some to see friends and family, and there are another couple of trips on the horizon. I won’t even mention our home remodeling project. When it’s like this, there’s only one thing to do – Embrace The Chaos.
Actually, I like to think of it more as “Embracing the Organized Chaos.” I am the kind of person who enjoys making lists, being organized, and knowing what is coming next. I don’t mind if the plan changes last minute because I know that I can fit any priority item into my schedule.
Priorities. That’s the key, right? Figuring out what is most important and then setting things up so that we can treat those things like the priority they are.
In no particular order, my priorities for this summer:
- Brush Dance projects
- More practice with drawing/watercolor
- Visiting with family and friends
- Play board games (we like Carcassonne, Settlers of Catan, and Boggle)
- Goal: Complete an entire week’s worth of NY Times Crossword puzzles with my husband
- Watch trashy TV (reality show junky right here)
- Create some quiet moments
- Say Yes. Accept what comes. Embrace the Chaos!
Hoping you have a perfectly imperfect summer!